Monday, February 6, 2012

Travel


I had this option to name this post as journey. I thought its a over used word.. Travel sounded well and so this post is Travel and not Journey.

I come from a family where we take regular outings which means travel was always there. We have made short to long travels over train, bus, flight, car and also self driven to a distance of many kms on a stretch. This made me to see different culture, people and places. My objective was always to see that place as a person belonging there and not as a tourist. This post is only to share in few words about my recent travel experience... I really mean a few words.

I had travelled to a place where you can find a railway station which is on the highest altitude in the world, the best thing of that was the view of Kanchenjunga during sun rise it was nothing less than heaven. and then travelled to city of joy, I assume that would be the only city in the world where you find every mode of transportation. The travel inside the city started with auto. In this city in a auto 6 people travel and autos stop at bus stands and other places too to pick new passengers. I sat in the front along with our pilot as he navigated through giving kisses to car and busses on his way. The next mode I picked was the metro. I got my token and waited for the metro. As soon as it arrived I was automatically inside within seconds. and the same thing happened when I got down. Yes! you got that it was heavily crowded and people pushed and pulled. I got down from there and got out on the streets, took a walk for sometime and then got into the yellow ambassador taxi to reach a hotel where I had to join for lunch. After my lunch my plan was to travel in tram. As I got out of the hotel there were hand rickshaw people. Initially I thought its unfair to travel on that, but that's how they make money for their living. So, I gave them business. As they pulled and rolled me through the streets I took every step to make them feel comfortable and then I reached the tram station. On reaching I had a mud cup tea, to add about this city its also filled with things to eat on the streets more than what you would see in Italy. The tram was appearing on the track and halted. I was the last person to board the tram and then the tram conductor pulled the rope which was connected to the bell for the driver to hear. The tram started moving I loved the tram journey. The last thing was to travel in the horse and I made it to that too, it was exciting as I sat on the decorated chariot and the horse started making its stamps in the streets of Kolkata. And thus i had travelled in all modes of transportation available in the world for normal people.

6 comments:

uma v said...

Good one, but looks like u have hastily done it, nice one to go thru ... keep blogging ... missing ur blogs :)

Vishwak Avanan said...

Thanks. Will try to blog more. Hastily wouldn't be the rite word. Time bound writing would be a better way to put it :)

Jai said...

Traveling is the best thing I will always enjoy, reading such traveling stories ignites me to travel more.. come up with more stories...

Vishwak Avanan said...

Thanks Jai. Will write if my travel has memories to it.

Lux Photography said...

Yes Travelling is the most enjoyable part....A new info for me that there is all means of transport in that city of joy....here my question is did u find the old means of transport?[I sat in the front along with our pilot as he navigated through giving kisses to car and busses on his way.]i love this.....over all a short,interesting and enjoyable travel story....hope you can adjust my rough english.:-)

Vishwak Avanan said...

Thanks for the comment. yeah there was the old sort of transportation too. and your rough English is not as rough as mine ;)